The Agape House little ones have officially started their new preschool in March. We were able to help set up the classroom for them and they are loving having Miss Torie as a teacher. We are thankful she is there able to invest in the beginning of their schooling 😀
In a small village in the mountains of Haiti, almost 200 kids walked 2 hours holding their flag with pride to come sing songs, make arts and crafts and learn about Jesus. This is the first time these children got to experience anything likes this. They colored rainbows, made animals out of paper plates, and we sang songs to them. Then, they took the team by suprise by turning around and singing us songs. This entire day was filled with laughter, tears and more joy than I ever thought possible. The presence of God showed up in a very gentle and joyful way. This was one of my favorite days of the entire trip. A memory I truly hold close. Thank you to whoever on my team captured this beautiful photo.
December 2015 Newsletter
Our January Trip to Haiti was filled with students and the pastor of Fresno Pacific University's . We were blessed with a strong team that loves the Lord and had a strong desire to serve.
Our team was amazing. We did soccer clinics, Bible classes for the kids, Bible study for the women, door to door evangelism, Street care, and loved on the kids at the Agape House!!!
Haiti Trip Oct 10, 2014
Did you know......
1. 16 people in a pick up will bottom out ?
2. Tadpole water adds body to your hair?
3. There is is no need for those expensive soccer cleats our kids always want?
4. The kreyol word for mouse and smile are really close .....don't ask!
5. A Toro makes Julie talk double talk and Phyllis didn't have a heart attack?
6. You can get 7 people on a moto.....don't ask about one either!
7. There is a manly and non manly way to get on a moto?
8. You can wash clothes in a rain storm .....with them still on your body ?
9. Willingness and a guitar can provide a powerful time of worship?
10. Toms tired?
11. Stitches with a story are much more impressive...again don't ask!
12. A head massage can make Stephen stop talking?
13. Children must have a uniform or can't go to school?
14. The goats in the yard just may be on your dinner plate that night?
15. Clothing is optional?
16. A smile can melt your heart?
17. Spanking can be a community affair?
18. You can never have to many kids in your lap...on your back ...climbing your legs?
19. There is no bread in bread fruit casserole ?
20. Lightening is sooooo cool?
Love and miss everyone. Thanks for your prayers!
Oct 9th 2014
Our team has been so busy....by the time we get home and debrief, everyone is ready for bed. We have been spending lots of time in the school and have a great time making creation books with the kids. We are continuing to do street care and door to door visits. The Agape kids are loving having us around after school too. We painted a mural with them on the water tank today.....they love being creative! We had our third day or soccer clinic and second day of bible study today. The women in bible study asked today" can we do this call the time." Our night ended with an awesome thunder and lightening storm!!!
My name is Julie Schaefer. I am the Missions Coordinator for Celebration Christian School. I am a mother to three amazing children. My heart is invested in the lives of the Haitian people and my children share that same passion. What more can someone ask for.....a job you love and family to share it with!