Our team was amazing. We did soccer clinics, Bible classes for the kids, Bible study for the women, door to door evangelism, Street care, and loved on the kids at the Agape House!!!
Did you know......
1. 16 people in a pick up will bottom out ?
2. Tadpole water adds body to your hair?
3. There is is no need for those expensive soccer cleats our kids always want?
4. The kreyol word for mouse and smile are really close .....don't ask!
5. A Toro makes Julie talk double talk and Phyllis didn't have a heart attack?
6. You can get 7 people on a moto.....don't ask about one either!
7. There is a manly and non manly way to get on a moto?
8. You can wash clothes in a rain storm .....with them still on your body ?
9. Willingness and a guitar can provide a powerful time of worship?
10. Toms tired?
11. Stitches with a story are much more impressive...again don't ask!
12. A head massage can make Stephen stop talking?
13. Children must have a uniform or can't go to school?
14. The goats in the yard just may be on your dinner plate that night?
15. Clothing is optional?
16. A smile can melt your heart?
17. Spanking can be a community affair?
18. You can never have to many kids in your lap...on your back ...climbing your legs?
19. There is no bread in bread fruit casserole ?
20. Lightening is sooooo cool?
Love and miss everyone. Thanks for your prayers!
Our team has been so busy....by the time we get home and debrief, everyone is ready for bed. We have been spending lots of time in the school and have a great time making creation books with the kids. We are continuing to do street care and door to door visits. The Agape kids are loving having us around after school too. We painted a mural with them on the water tank today.....they love being creative! We had our third day or soccer clinic and second day of bible study today. The women in bible study asked today" can we do this call the time." Our night ended with an awesome thunder and lightening storm!!!
Our team had an amazing day today. We started with bible classes and creation art books with the school. After school we had time to do street care and walk around to the homes and pray with the families before we headed to the Agape House to have lunch. We saw God moving and stretching our team as well as Him working in the hearts of the Haitian communities. (Make sure you ask us how God moved in huge ways )We helped the kids at the Agape House with homework and tutoring and also were able to lighten the load of the women and help hand wash all 17 children's clothing! By no means do we really meet the standard of hand washing....and have agreed we will not need to practice at home !!! Our first day of soccer clinic was a success. 40 kids were there excited to play and can't wait to come back tomorrow !! Thank you for your prayers and support.
We arrived safely in Haiti . Everyone is tired and hot!! We got settled in and headed over to the Agape House for a birthday party and to have dinner with the kids. We are excited about our fun filled day tomorrow in the village and at the Agape House. Thank you for all your support and prayers. We love and miss all of you and wish you were here with us.
My name is Julie Schaefer. I am the Missions Coordinator for Celebration Christian School. I am a mother to three amazing children. My heart is invested in the lives of the Haitian people and my children share that same passion. What more can someone ask for.....a job you love and family to share it with!